• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox BV 8x25 BRW & Nikon 8x30 Monarch 7 and previous BV II model? (1 Viewer)

Laughing Kookaburra

Appreciate feedback on the Minox BV 8 x 25 BRW as a lightweight compact binocular for wildlife watching. Specs of BRW at Minox: http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=bv_line_technical_data&L=1

1) How does the Minox BV 8 x 25 BRW (model 62059) compare with the previous model Minox BV II 8 x 25 (model 62030)?

2) How does it compare with the Nikon Monarch 7 8x30, which is only about 3 oz. heavier than the Minox listed weight of 12.87 oz.?

3) Anyone know if the Minox listed weight is correct for the Minox BV 8x25 BRW? B&H lists it at 9.14 oz / 259.12 g and Minox lists it as 12.87 oz / 365g.

I can't answer your questions as listed, but I'd rate the Minox BV II 8x25 as poor and the Nikon M7 8X30 as pretty good, or even excellent for the money, if you find one as good as the last sample I tried. I've not seen the latest Minox.

David

Last edited:
I can't answer your questions as listed, but the Minox BV II 8x25 as poor and the Nikon M7 8X30 as pretty good, or even excellent for the money, if you find one as good as the last sample I tried. I've not seen the latest Minox.

David

Thank you David. I found out from Minox that the BRW is the newer model. I haven't yet had a chance to look through a pair but should soon. A hiker friend brought it up as his lightest weight option.

I love the Monarch 7 8x30, which offers a nice bright image for the 15 oz weight, which is why I'm using it as a point of comparison. The Minox model that's supposed to be closer to it in image quality, an 8 x 33, is at least 25% heavier than the Monarch 7 8x30.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back