• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Cams (1 Viewer)

rseymour

I hope this is the right place to post this.....

Does anyone have experience with bird web cams?

I set up a bird cam which uploads images and displays them every 2 seconds.

I would like to do live streaming video. Can anyone recommend the best way to do that? My only problem is not having a fixed IP Address. I have DSL with a DHCP address.

Thanks!!

rseymour said:
I hope this is the right place to post this.....

Does anyone have experience with bird web cams?

I set up a bird cam which uploads images and displays them every 2 seconds.
Looks like a visiting Jedi is doing light-sabre practice

Attachments

• birdcam.jpg
    birdcam.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 203
hollis_f said:
Looks like a visiting Jedi is doing light-sabre practice

It's in the shade most of the time and every so often a little light hits the lens ....

|^|

Attachments

• birdcam.jpg
    birdcam.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 187
  • wb01_thumb.jpg
    wb01_thumb.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
It's ALIVE!!!!!

It now has streaming video and audio. For a PC, you need a Java plug-in to see the cam. I have a link there to it. For a Mac, just use Safari.

Stop by when you get a chance and enjoy!!! |=)|

rseymour said:
It's in the shade most of the time and every so often a little light hits the lens ....

|^|

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I'm now using a D-Link cam. It no longer requires any special plug-ins. I still need to move it closer. Let me know what you think. |=)|

rseymour said:
It now has streaming video and audio. For a PC, you need a Java plug-in to see the cam. I have a link there to it. For a Mac, just use Safari.

Stop by when you get a chance and enjoy!!! |=)|

rseymour said:
I'm now using a D-Link cam. It no longer requires any special plug-ins. I still need to move it closer. Let me know what you think. |=)|[/QUOT

Great pics Robert...I watched the cam for ages!!!!

Ian

Thanks! It's now (more) reliable and requires no special software to watch. It seems to work in lower light too.

ianrose82 said:
rseymour said:
I'm now using a D-Link cam. It no longer requires any special plug-ins. I still need to move it closer. Let me know what you think. |=)|[/QUOT

Great pics Robert...I watched the cam for ages!!!!

Ian

rseymour said:
Thanks! It's now (more) reliable and requires no special software to watch. It seems to work in lower light too.

I'm still watching it!!! :t:
What are the yellow birds...finches of some sort I think?

Ian

Thanks! Yes they are. I think American Goldfinch. They preferred the bag of seed I had, but with our rainy season coming, I switched ti a plastic waterproof feeder. |=)|

ianrose82 said:
I'm still watching it!!! :t:
What are the yellow birds...finches of some sort I think?

Ian

Happy to share web cam experiences

We recently spend a lot of time researching the best webcam for our site. We are very happy with the results. We went for one of the best outdoor canon models and have it housed in a weather proof enclosure. We also have a high speed connection and we are getting lots of good shots of the birds in our backyard. Particularly Cardinals.

http:\\www.wrmn.net

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back