• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping?-back to square one (1 Viewer)

Nice reports SF and the results look good. I'm still deciding what to do with my new 100 mm scope. I will have to get a gymbal type head as well as the scope plus camera is too long for my current setup.

Camera Adaptor

Hello SF,

Quick question if I may, ref your post dated Jan 2006 and the three photos of your camera attached to your spotting scope. I’m wondering how you attached the camera to the scope as shown in Photo 1 (from left to right) … Prime focus. If you mentioned an adaptor name/model number, I’m sorry I must have missed it. I am having no luck finding any information by searching the web.

Enjoy you posts and the information you so generously share. The pictures are great. I have the PF-CA35 but have not had pictures as sharp as yours. I plan to give it another try this weekend.

Thank You

Dick

Hello SF,

Quick question if I may, ref your post dated Jan 2006 and the three photos of your camera attached to your spotting scope. I’m wondering how you attached the camera to the scope as shown in Photo 1 (from left to right) … Prime focus. If you mentioned an adaptor name/model number, I’m sorry I must have missed it. I am having no luck finding any information by searching the web.

Enjoy you posts and the information you so generously share. The pictures are great. I have the PF-CA35 but have not had pictures as sharp as yours. I plan to give it another try this weekend.

Thank You

Dick

The prime focus and afocal adaptor are one and the same it's just that when using as prime focus you don't use the extension tube part.

Go here and it will be obvious what I mean:

http://www.agenaastro.com/Camera-Adapter-Fixed-Projection-Photography-p/paar-ag-fep.htm

Dear Sout Fork,

Nice job!!!

I just want to show my first shot of the moon.
The equipments used are the Pentax PF 80 EDA and the Olympus E-500.
The method I had used - handheld photographying with Oly DSLR + Zuiko lens 14-45 mm (F3.5-F5.6) and sopes eyepiece 20X-60X. The picture was taken at 25-30X.

The only problem was with the SLIK AMT tripod which is very light and not able to support Pentax 80mm.

But for birding it is going to be very difficult task to do without proper adapter.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 181
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back