• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scope Dot Sights. (1 Viewer)

MGT

I use the following:

Pentax K10D.
SMC Pentax-DA 1:2.8 40mm Pancake Lens.
SRB Griturn S49-52 & 52mm Step Rings.
SRB Griturn Digiscoping Threaded Sleeve.
SMC Pentax Zoom 8-24mm
Pentax PF-80EDA Scope.
Manfrotto 701RC2 Fluid Head & 055MFV Tripod

See photo's attached:

I'm new to digiscoping and possibly a relative exception with this set-up in the UK as far as SRB Griturn are concerened. This "Junkfisher" was recently taken approx 40-50yds away and is the first opportunity I've had to tinker with the aforementioned set-up.

It appears that my positive vibes are not unfounded and despite good hand to eye co-ordination I'd benefit from a Red Dot Sight.

What Dot Sights are fellow digiscopers using on your 80/65mm scopes? I'm interested in the following:

Pentax Gameskeeper HS10 Red Dot Sight Matte
Pentax Gameskeeper RD10 Red Dot Sight Matte

Any advice and/or views on the aforementioned and how does one attach a Dot Sight to ones scope?

Attachments

• DigiSetUp.jpg
    DigiSetUp.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Junkfisher.jpg
    Junkfisher.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 135
I have daisy air gun red dot sights on my 100 & 80 PFs $9 each at Walmart here in the US .They are fixed on with scotch 2 sided sticky tape.
I,m sure you can find same or similar in the UK.
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back