• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Horizon 10x42 (1 Viewer)

black crow

Does anyone have experience with this in either the 8x or 10x??

I'm looking for an inexpensive 10x and wonder how this compares to something like the Nikon Prostaff 7 optically?

Hi
I bought a few mins ago an Eden xp 10x42, which should be the same or maybe better (dielec.coatings, Horizons are silver phase coated).
Their body and eyecups are from the same factory.
Their optics should normally be the same, prior to margins the company needs to get. Just the dielec/silver seems to differenciate them. They got the exactly similar fov.
Asa i got them, ill do a quick review.

Hi
I bought a few mins ago an Eden xp 10x42, which should be the same or maybe better (dielec.coatings, Horizons are silver phase coated).
Their body and eyecups are from the same factory.
Their optics should normally be the same, prior to margins the company needs to get. Just the dielec/silver seems to differenciate them. They got the exactly similar fov.
Asa i got them, ill do a quick review.

Revisiting the allbinos light transmission figures debate... they list the sliver-coated prism 10x42 Swift Horizon as having 90% light transmission. They list my 10x35 EII as having 86%. Granted with the +/- 3% margin of error, they could be close to the same if they erred on the positive side for the EII and negative side for the Horizon.

Anyway, in terms of light transmission, roofs have come a long way, baby, particularly on allbinos. :)

Brock

Hagar
You're right they tend to favor way to much the roofs on allbinos. One day they might even favor albinos.
I don't really believe in their light curves, since they put the HG light transmission higher than the specs announced by Nikon.
I doubt the Edens could be as good as the Nikons eII.
This would be a miracle. I don't know how the Edens will optically be.
I got the feeling that i'll end with some kind of big porro, like a 10x50ex.
I'm kinda porro contaminated lol

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back