• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joseph N's 2011 Year List (1 Viewer)

Up to 206 with 2 valuable year ticks in the form of Merlin and Short-eared Owl at Strathbeg Lagoon - both stunning birds!

Last edited:
Saw and photographed this beauty yesterday - Sandhill Crane - representing the third mega in Aberdeenshire this year. Also 12 Lapland Buntings flew over whilst watching it. Sensational stuff and takes the year list up to 208.

Attachments

• 7497.JPG
    7497.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 89
A trip to Norfolk and a scattering of scarces/rares (view yearlist) sees the yearlist go up to 213, just two off my yearlist target of 215.

Hit my yearlist target of 215 today with a great day's birding, Rough-legged Buzzard at Strathbeg and American Golden Plover at Ellon being the birds taking me up to this total.

3 useful passerine year ticks on a great day's birding locally take me up to 218for the year, see yearlist for more.

2 year ticks since my last post, a Hume's Warbler at Foveran Bushes on 17/11 and 45+ Tundra Bean Geese today at Windyedge near Muchalls. This takes me up to 220 for the year; trips to Somerset and Norfolk respectively in December will hopefully boost the year list up to 225 species.

I end the year with another 12 yearticks in December thanks to trips to Norfolk and Somerset. See the first post for recent highlights. A fantastic year, very happy with 232 despite it being 8 off last years 240.

Happy New Year everyone

Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back