• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bolete ID help (1 Viewer)

regor

Can anyone please help with the ID of this bolete seen today in a Worcestershire woodland. Cap about 12 cm across. The photos are the best I could do with my phone!
The pores stained blue/black instantly on touching.
Thanks Roger

Attachments

• img_1265.jpg
    img_1265.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 18
  • img_1266.jpg
    img_1266.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hi regor,

Boletes aren't really my strong point (hence the delay in replying) but now I've had a couple of days to think about it I'm reasonably confident in suggesting Suillellus luridus (=Boletus luridus),

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. The photos are really good, they show all the features perfectly!

Thank you for your reply and comment on my photograph, Nick.

Boletus luridus was one of the species I was considering having ploughed through a number of books and websites. It's good to have your confirmation.
My heart sank when I saw the name change though!
Thanks again,
Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back