• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WIN a superb pair of LIMITED EDITION Simon King Zeiss Victory Binoculars (1 Viewer)

IanF

Bird Forum is proud to announce a Prize Photo Competition to win a pair of Simon King Limited Edition 8x32T FL Victory Binoculars - worth £1400!

Theme

The theme for this competition is 'wildlife' - birds, mammals, amphibians, butterflies and fish are all welcome! Photos must be taken within the competition dates (7th October 2011 - 15th February 2012), but can be digiscoped.

Please ensure you read the rules carefully before entering.

Upload your entries to the Zeiss Competition Entries forum - here.

Good luck!

This competition is run in association with Carl Zeiss and Simon King's Wildlife Whisperer.

Prizes

First Prize
Limited Edition 8x32T FL Victory Binoculars. A fantastic and very rare prize, worth £1400. Limited to 250 sets world wide, each individually numbered and made with green armour.

2nd Prize
Compact Binoculars (TBC - Est. RRP £400)

Runners Up (x8)
Zeiss Gift Packs

Rules
  • Submission will be through the uploading of photos to the specified Zeiss competition section of the gallery.
  • The 10 best images will be selected by BirdForum staff.
  • The first and second place entries will then be chosen by Simon King from the 10 pre-selected photos.
  • Photos must be taken within the competition dates (7th October 2011-15th February 2012)
  • Please ensure you fill in all the fields (date taken, location taken, equipment used) when uploading your entry.
  • Closing date 15th February 2012
  • Carl zeiss Ltd would like to use the top three winning entries in publications and internet newletters if you don't think you want your image used please don't enter!
  • Unfortunately this competition is only open to North American and European members due to logistical constraints. (However there will be a spring competition open worldwide)
  • Only five submissions per member. In the case of more than five photographs being uploaded by a member only the first five will be considered, and the rest will be deleted. Normal gallery rules apply, including the daily upload limit.
Please note this competition closes on 15th February 2012 and replaces the proposed competition themes for November, December, Jaunaury and February 2012.

Any questions - post below.

NB Closing date extended by one month to 15th February 2012 at request of the sponsors.

Attachments

• simonking8x32.jpg
    simonking8x32.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
The competition deadline has been extended for an extra month, so it now closes on 15th of February 2012.
Good luck.

144 entries so far:t:

Theme

The theme for this competition is 'wildlife' - birds, mammals, amphibians, butterflies and fish are all welcome! Photos must be taken within the competition dates (7th October 2011 - 15th February 2012), but can be digiscoped.

All wildlife!

Hi
Having already uploaded photos for the competition, which was previously advertised to close on the 15th January.
Would It be possible to change one If I managed to capture an Image, If I felt that It would be more appropriate.
If dated from 15th January to 15th February.

Regards

Hi there,
Just curious and wondered whether there was a timescale for the competition process from now onwards? Any idea when winner/runner up will be announced (not that I'm expecting it to me, lol)?
Thanks
Hobbes

Simon King has made his selection of the winners -

1st place and winner of the Limited Edition 8x32T FL Victory Binoculars valued at £1400 and limited to 250 sets world wide, each individually numbered and made with green armour -

markyboy.1967 with Sparrowhawk

2nd place and winner of the Compact Binoculars (TBC - Est. RRP £400)

Kevin Conville with Northern Harrier (male)

Runner up prizes of Zeiss Gift packs go to -

1. bullfinch female by Robin59
2. COMMON BUZZARD by AndrewG
3. Male Common Crossbill by Duke Leto
4. Ptarmigan by miketoll
5. Great Grey Shrike by Ray.Scott
6. A relationship at breaking point by rioja
7. Cute but feared by jebir
8. Dipper by swarovskiuser

Congratulations to each of you :t:

Can you all please contact me by private message with contact details so the prizes can be sent.

Well done Mark. A really cracking image and a worthy winner. Enjoy your new bins. :t: Congratulations to all the other finalists too. It must have been a very difficult decision.

Ron

Thanks...

:t::t::t::t::t::t::t::t::: Oh fantastic news for me....Im over the moon and i cant wait to try these out as i have only a pair of of Nikon bins just now ...I would like to say a big THANKS to the moderators for firstly placing my image in the top 10, to Simon King for seeing some potential in my image and last but not least to Zeiss themselves for putting up a fantastic prize...Im off for a wee drink to celebrate now....

Last edited:
Well done to Mark and Kevin on getting placed 1 & 2.
Me, I am just delighted to have been involved right up to the final judging. I have never won a prize before so I am absolutely delighted whatever it is !
Thanks to all involved, looking forward to trying again in the next competition.
cheers Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back