• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What happened to the birds in ecuador website? (1 Viewer)

PeggyG

I keep seeing links to birdsinecuador.com but if I click on them it goes to the 404 not found message.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Is this the website of Lelis Navarette?
Does he have a new website?

Thanks.

If you have the address, then you should be able to find the contents on the way-back-machine or one of the other internet cataloguing sites.

Niels

Neils! You're BRILLIANT!!!

I had never heard of the way-back-machine. I googled it and entered the birdsinecuador.com/en (for the english version) - and was slightly confused by the calendar, but clicked on the one day in 2017 that was highlighted, and voila! There it is! all the text that I wanted to read!

Thank you so much!
Peggy

Oh man, I totally forgot about the wayback machine! I'd been using the Birds in Ecuador site for reference in preparation for our trip to Ecuador in October, and then when we arrived there I'd planned to look at it when we arrived at each destination - only to discover that it had been taken off-line! I had a number of trip reports as well, and a couple of saved pages, but not having the BiE site was definitely a bummer.

Note that Lelis hasn't been maintaining the site for a while, and for particular areas you should try to find recent trip reports written by individuals (not Birdquest or other "sponsored" reports). For example, in El Cajas you can't park your car except for certain parking lots, which I found out from a trip report but that isn't mentioned in Birds in Ecuador, as it's a fairly new restriction. Still, Birds in Ecuador is a great general resource.

Thanks very much for mentioning this!!

Jim

P.S. It looks like Lelis might be working on a published site guide (book) - of course, between guiding and co-writing the bird guide he was undoubtedly too busy to keep maintaining the BiE site.

Last edited:
Ecuador Nov 30 (Thursday) to Dec 12 (Tuesday) 2017 if anyone wants to join in the fun--- itinerary put together in two weeks after other country plans changed.

I am pretty much booked at various spots as I move through only NW Ecuador at a decent pace visiting about 8 top places including Canande (3 nights). Have a vehicle; decades of experience mainly in USA, CR, Panama and a small bit in Colombia and Peru. But first Ecuador trip.

send me a PM asap---leaving in 4 days!!

thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back