• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mindo lodging (1 Viewer)

curtA2

OK, so Yellow House rents beds for $25 including breakfast, cabins for $125 a week! Las Tangaras is $25 a night. Has anyone stayed at these places? How were they? Do they have feeders?

Are there other cheap lodging options like this? Thanks

We had a room at Yellow House and was happy with the choice. I believe the breakfast was included in what we had to whatever price we paid (cannot remember) and there were plenty of feeders around the breakfast location. They do not have a restaurant for other meals, but the location is not far from the center of Mindo. The trail up the hill was not bad and included in the price for staying there.

Niels

OK, so Yellow House rents beds for $25 including breakfast, cabins for $125 a week! Las Tangaras is $25 a night. Has anyone stayed at these places? How were they? Do they have feeders?

During my only stay (thus far) in the Mindo area we used Yellow House as our "base camp". We three were at the time the only occupants in what I think is the main lodge (one bedroom for each of us on the second floor, another one or two downstairs, communal areas on each floor & a small kitchen on the first). The accommodations were more than satisfactory. As noted by another respondent, breakfast was included (& situated in the family house near a few hummingbird feeders). Easy walk to the business district for dinner, desserts & groceries. Small laundry in the same district. When we go back my first choice would be Yellow House.

Gary H

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back