• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

question for Swift aficionados (1 Viewer)

jaymoynihan

Corvus brachyrhynchos watcher
My this is a quiet group.

Given all the "ED" glass roof prisms hatching forth, i thought i would pose the following.
The Celestron 9.5x44 ED was I think the first handheld ED binocular. But the Swift 8.5x44 ED is the oldest one still available new.
A speculative question;
If the Swift ED (its optical quality level & ED glass), were a roof, what would it cost new?

jay

Last edited:
By the by, re the Celestron ED.....I find it to be semi-good. My non-ED Swift 820 is, how u say, mas major que el 9.5x44. I'm very nearly ready to peddle it on HeBay (along with some already sent to new homes, and several others up next....time to clean out the bino bin....again).

My this is a quiet group.

Given all the "ED" glass roof prisms hatching forth, i thought i would pose the following.
The Celestron 9.5x44 ED was I think the first handheld ED binocular. But the Swift 8.5x44 ED is the oldest one still available new.
A speculative question;
If the Swift ED (its optical quality level & ED glass), were a roof, what would it cost new?

jay

As a new product, possibly 2-4 times the current price of the ED porro version.

...Bob
Kentucky, USA

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back