• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Kite in Northwich (1 Viewer)

Bilbo675

I was visiting my parents in Rudheath, Northwich last weekend (17th August) and we took our boys to the local playing field where I was greeted by my first ever sighting of a Red Kite!, it was flying quite high at first but during the 5 minute 'view' it came closer and as low as the roof tops at one point giving me a clear sighting. It looked a little disorientated in the strong wind that we had on that day but otherwise a brilliant sight :)

I'm assuming Red Kites are quite rare in Cheshire and to my knowledge there are no breeding populations in the County so presumably it was just a passing bird? :)

Hello Bilbo675
I am quite new on this forum too .... in my birding area the REd Kites are not rare but where i live you see them only 1 or twice a year .... and the first times were always spectacular! They aere very beautiful birds although maybe we dont notice it that much anymore if we see them more often ...

M dP

A red Kite has been found dead at the Risley Moss reserve in warrington suspected poisoning along wit ha dead barn owl swan and heron which had been shot.

Hopefully they will find the person that did it and give them a severe sentance

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back