• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Colombia (1 Viewer)

COLOMBIA Birding

Colombia
I am Diego Calderon-Franco from Colombia; I am a biologist and have worked/researched extensively on birds (exploration of Colombia, natural history of birds (manakins, owls, hummers, tanagers, etc), a bit of systematics, bird sounds recording, among much other stuff). I have been birding in the Choco and Caribbean lowlands, the Andes, the Interandean Valleys, the Amazon, and the Llanos of Colombia since 2000 (also Venezuela, Ecuador, Honduras and Mexico thoroughly, as well as in USA and Ireland).

Hola Diego! :hi:
A warm welcome to Birdforum from all the staff and Mods.

Hopefully we can have some nice trip reports from your country.

Hello and welcome, Diego.
I don't think we have many members from Colombia but I am sure it's a great location for birds.
Alan

Welcome

Hello Diego & welcome to Birdforum :king:
It's great to have someone from such a wonderful country as Colombia.. It's certainly on my radar for my next visit to South America..

Enjoy yourself here and happy birding ;)

Hello Diego,
And another welcome to the Birdforum. Looking forward to hearing more about the birding in Colombia. I worked there for 5 years and loved it. Unfortunately, I hadn't started "birding" yet at that time.

Hi all.. thanks for the warm welcome!... I will be posting trip reports and/or links to them as soon as they are finished and formatted .. also after each trip reports and news from the field that would be cool and interesting will be posted (i.e.: last week some birding mates and I were going up the mountains near Medellin to spot Lyre-tailed Nightjars.. there is a couple settled in an area, just 30 minutes from our city and they were responding VERY WELL to playback!).. I also hope to be helpful for all of you with information about Colombia, its birds, birding places, tours, etc etc etc... please don't hesitate in contacting me, visiting the website and/or replying to posted threads, etc...
more later..
Diego.

Hi all again, for those interested; the website is already running and loaded with info on birding in Colombia.. take a look and any feedback is welcome... saludos, Diego.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back