• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Do You Use For Objective Covers on Audubon 820? (1 Viewer)

ChadHahn

I picked up a pair of 820s yesterday and took them out today for some viewing. I really like the binoculars so far. I was planning on getting a pair of the Zen Ray 8x44 EDs but made the impulse purchase of the Swifts instead.

What do people use for objective covers on these binoculars? They are 4 loose pieces of plastic that I don't think would stay on very well even in my bag. Is there some type of aftermarket covers I could get? The cheaper the better.

Thanks,
Chad

I had Quake Bushwacker #7 for the objective. Got mine from Eagle Optics. I don't remember what I used for the ocular cover. It seems that they are an odd size because the oculars on that binocular are pretty large in diameter.

The Eagle Optic tethered objective covers work on my Vixen 10x42 (the enclosure is almost identical to the Audbuon 820) as a tight fit. Measure the outside diameter and pick the right size.

I ended up buying the Eagle Optic Large Objective Covers. They fit great, nice tight seal. For the rain guard, I saw that the one from my Zen Ray 10x43 fit perfectly so I got one shipped to me.

For less than $15 I now have a pretty tight seal on my glass.

Chad

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back