• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the June 2012 theme challenge - Mammals, Reptiles and Amphibians (1 Viewer)

IanF

The theme this month is wild animals. Whilst Bird Forum is primarily about wild birds we have active discussion and a gallery forum for animals. Here's another chance for members to post photos of the wild creatures that they come across whether on their travels or in their own back yard.

Insects will appear as a theme later in the year.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification. The Moderators decision is final.

Rules –

1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded between now and June 20th midnight GMT.
4. Your entry must contain a wild animal(s).
5. Location taken to be included and must include at least the county/state and country.
6. One entry per member.
7. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added / removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
8. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date / time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
9. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
10. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions Gallery

A voting booth will be posted after June 21st.

Please note 30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon - entries not included in the voting booth will be moved to their appropriate forum.

Comments on entries are permitted.

Any queries about this months competition, please post below.

Ian you mention wild animals but the title is different, do Rabbits count?

Yep! They're mammals :t:

The title was amended to describe the animals groups rather than insects which feature in a different month. It's still not that accurate as basically anything but birds and insects is acceptable.

Hello,

I'm probably overcomplicating things, or missing something obvious, but sure you'll be able to help. I have a fox photo I'd like to enter that I've previously uploaded to my gallery. Is there someway to add this to the competition as it is, or do I need to re-upload it, and is this allowed?
Thanks, loving the entries as always!
Amy

Hello,

I'm probably overcomplicating things, or missing something obvious, but sure you'll be able to help. I have a fox photo I'd like to enter that I've previously uploaded to my gallery. Is there someway to add this to the competition as it is, or do I need to re-upload it, and is this allowed?
Thanks, loving the entries as always!
Amy

As it was uploaded to the gallery prior to the competition starting (1st June) you will need to upload an additional copy to the competition forum in the gallery. There is no problem with uploading an additional copy. On completion of voting unless your entry wins, it will be moved to the wild animals forum. It could be left in place there else you could remove it yourself if you wish.

What do you consider to be wild? I have pics of many animals from a park that is fenced. There are still wild animals to me but...??

Wild means none captive.

Squirrels living in the trees in a park are wild.

Deer or goats in a fenced enclosures in a park are captive.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back