• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Viking KH-1 pan head (1 Viewer)

dickyduck

Hello all,
Does anyone have this sort of tripod head, and if so, what do you think of it? I don't even know whether it will fit on top of my Manfrotto...
If you have another sort of head (of approximately £100 or so) could you please tell me whether you like it or not...?
I have a carbon fibre tripod and an 85mm scope.
Thanks v much.
Dicky

Hi Dicky,

I use effectively the same head - my version is the Benro S2. Its a decent quality lightweight fluid head, but I don't think it would be ideal for a large scope - I use it with my ED50, but with my larger ED82 you really have to tighten everything up and it doesn't feel all that stable. I use a Manfrotto 701rc2 with the larger scope which is fantastic. The 128rc is also very good, as is the old Slik master head.

Hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back