• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beginner needs help. (1 Viewer)

richb714

I'm new to birding and would like to get involved in digiscoping. I just got a used Swarovski 80HD and would like to know if my Nikon CoolPix 775 would work with an adapter. Any other advice would be welcome.
Thanks
RichB714

Hi richb714

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find it a mine of information. Where did you get that name from, by the way?

Re: digiscoping.......have a look at the various threads on this. Andy Bright is our resident expert: he knows all there is to know.

Do let us know how you get on.

Hi Rich,
welcome to bird forum. Oddly enough, I had a very similar question to this on here a few months ago...just look down the digiscoping forum to the thread "Nikon Digital Camera Compatability".
To sum up that thread..the cp775 should be capable of some sort of digiscoping success, but you will need the Nikon lens adapter device (quite cheap) to be able to attach a typical 28mm digiscoping adapter.
The cp775 isn't ideal for digiscoping, all the other Nikons are better (cp880/885/950/990/995/4500)...but it's worth a try.
Hope that helps,
Andy B

Yes...that does help...I think I might sell my coolpix 775 on ebay...and purchase the coolpix 995 or 4500.
Thank again
RichB

Probably the best idea, Rich. You've got the best scope for digiscoping, you may as well get the best camera for the job.... don't rule out the cp990, many think it's the best....even I sometimes wonder if I should revert to my cp990, though for big A4+ prints the 4mp of the cp4500 wins the day.
Good luck,
Andy B

RichB, I have just taken up digiscoping, with Andys help,I read an article he wrote in a mag, so I bought the coolpix 4500 it`s a great camera.Having changed to an Opticon 80 it was necessary
to join the two together,I found a company called the LONDON CAMERA EXCHANGE who produce an adaptor for your Swarovski,
maybe they can help, 01962 866203 thats a uk number,use a an
international prefix. Martin J

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back