• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nature at its best. (1 Viewer)

Wendy Morris

I was sorting through my sunset photos to choose the ones for next year's calendar and when I came to this one, I thought "That really is nature at its best." I then thought that there must be many more photos out there that warrant that title, be they a sunset, a sunrise, a special tree, a field of poppies, a rainbow, an angry sea, an interesting cloud........

Feel free to post any photo that you think shows nature at its best.

Attachments

• SS1506086.jpg
    SS1506086.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 22
Wow! That's awesome Wendy & a bit of a tough act to follow! lol!
Great idea for a thread, I will have a look for something that captures nature at it's best.
Well done Wendy, you have certainly captured it with that one.

Excellent idea for a thread, Wendy.

This are two of my favourite sunset pictures ...
  1. At Portsmouth, 1st November 2007
  2. From Watership Down, June 2008

Attachments

• Spinnakersunset7.jpg
    Spinnakersunset7.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 12
A great idea for a thread Wendy and a super pic to start us off!:t:
Your 2 are super too Kits!:t:
I shall search through mine later when I've more time!

Edited to add pic!
This is one of my favourite shots of Ben Nevis......with hardly a cloud in sight I love the way the trees wrap themselves around the bottom of the photo..o:D

Attachments

• B.Nevis_from_glen_Nevis.JPG
    B.Nevis_from_glen_Nevis.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Just thought I would post a couple that I think shows nature not only at its best but also at its most powerful. Just look at those folds in the rock. Taken at St Abbs, Scottish Borders, in June.

Attachments

• IMG_9382.JPG
    IMG_9382.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9384.JPG
    IMG_9384.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Super photos Ruth and Brian. Just the sort of thing that I was hoping for.

The one and only time that I have been anywhere near Ben Nevis it was a similar day to yours, Ruth. Clear blue skies and a nice cool stream to sit by under some of those trees.

Brian, the tilting and folding of those strata is fantastic and shows the power of nature as well as the beauty. I must get over to Lulworth and Stair Hole....unless Kits has any pics from her visit back in June?

Glad you like them. I took those shots during one of the best days I enjoyed during the summer.

Ruth...Tis good to see Ben Nevis when it isn't shrouded in mist, as it has been when I have visited. I must say I reckon the Scottish mountains take some beating when the air is clear.

And then there are these from Normandy which reminded me so much of Durdle Door.

Attachments

• N1.jpg
    N1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 11
  • N2.jpg
    N2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8
  • N3.jpg
    N3.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 8
  • N4.jpg
    N4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 10
Excellent, Kits! Thanks for finding them. Nothing like a good bit of coastal scenery to see nature at work. I shall still head for Lulworth before too long though!

Stunning photo's, Brian! I am sure those interested in Geology will agree!

I do agree Pam. Geology is one of my interests and Brian and Kit's shots are super (as are all the others).

Any more like that?

Last edited:
Thanks Bea and Val - glad you like them. I have some from the Isle of Wight if anyone is interested?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back