• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compact camera for Digiscoping with ATS80 HD? (1 Viewer)

Dr_ADH

Hello
Would anyone know a new compact camera that would work with my Swarovski ATS80HD with the DCA Zoom adaptor? I have minimal carry space so am trying to be as compact as possible, hence trying to work with this adaptor. It doesnt fit my current compact camera, so am hoping to buy something to suit? The new generation dont seem to have the screw on the body for the adaptor to mount, so I'm really not sure of how to find a camera, and thought someone might have experience of such?
I currently use the 25-50 zoom lense, but have others if needed.
thanks very much
Adam

Hi Adam, I use the Nikon p6000 with the dca adapter. Ive mostly used it with the 20-60 zoom but have recently started using it with the 25-50 zoom. It's a handy camera in that the dca screws on directly to the camera via the ur-20 adapter. If you can find one secondhand I would get one.

You could also try using the jackar adapter which enables most compacts to be used with the dca adapter.

Regards Gerard.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back