• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon Mirrorless (1 Viewer)

lobro45

I'd like to use my Canon M for Digiscoping.
As a beginner, I'd only start with a low budget set up. I'd considered a Celestron ultra 80 as a starting point. Is this a good choice.
I have the Canon M kit lens, which is 18/55 mm, but have other Canon lenses that would fit via an adaptor.
Would this set up make a viable starting point?

I have just started trying the EOS M for digiscoping and think it is a very capable camera. However I found that the kit lens wasn't great for it as I could not eliminate vingetting at any point in the range (though this may be different on other scopes/eyepieces). I found that the best lens I had for digiscoping was the 40mm pancake (with the EOS adapter). This gave no vingetting with the 30x eyepiece I was using and gave good results. I have stuck a few photos up in another thread -
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=2959113

I don't know anything about the scope that you mentioned so cannot comment on how good it would be for digiscoping.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back