• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

short lightest weight for kowa 774 $500 (1 Viewer)

Brettts

Hey all, new to all of this and just bought a Kowa 774, would like a lightweight tripod and most likely fluid head?? It will be for back packing into the alpine..so all my use will be from.a.sitting position. Thanks for any and all advice

Brett

Could a monopod possibly serve? It would be a lot more compact and lighter than a tripod setup, not to mention cheaper.

Don't do too light especially if your out in the fall and winter. I have to switch from my Induro AT 214 to my AT 313 and a manfrotto 152 video head to mke sure it steady in the top[ end of the zoom.
Steve

Anyone have any experience with the Gitzo 1720qr? Supports 4kg...weighs .5kg. Magnesium body...? Looks like a good compromise?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back