• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Remote shutter release (1 Viewer)

I use a CamKix bluetooth shutter remote. You can get them online from the usual places, and they have a button each for use with Android or IOS systems. They run on a watch battery (2032, perhaps, but it's supplied) and are a bit 'platicky', but it works well with little delay. Costs around £6.

I use a CamKix bluetooth shutter remote. You can get them online from the usual places, and they have a button each for use with Android or IOS systems. They run on a watch battery (2032, perhaps, but it's supplied) and are a bit 'platicky', but it works well with little delay. Costs around £6.

Thanks that is exactly what I have bought and it works well for still burst and video
BB

I use the ProCam app. it gives you a ton of control over the camera. You have about 4 release modes: press the button, tap anywhere, vibration aware (it won't release until the phone stops shaking), and timer. It also has zebra bars (for exposure) and manual focus peaking and zoom.

Marc

I use the ProCam app. it gives you a ton of control over the camera. You have about 4 release modes: press the button, tap anywhere, vibration aware (it won't release until the phone stops shaking), and timer. It also has zebra bars (for exposure) and manual focus peaking and zoom.

Marc

Thanks I will have a look at that. But I really wanted to avoid touching the screen hence the remote
BB

Thanks I will have a look at that. But I really wanted to avoid touching the screen hence the remote
BB

Yes, that's what I use for DSLR. For my iPhone, I find the Anti-Shake release on ProCam does everything I need without an extra cable. It does, however, add some extra delay between pressing and shutter release to let the vibrations die away. I'm pretty sure all the regular headset or bluetooth shutter releases work with ProCam too.

All the features are here: https://www.procamapp.com/tutorials.html

A little trick since i moved to the bluetooth shutter remote:
after setting up the scope/phone on the subject, i watch it through binoculars, waiting for 'the shot' (e.g. finishing preening, waking up etc.) Being away from the scope itself certainly has advantages. Just make sure you've got a good enough tripod head to not wilt!

A little trick since i moved to the bluetooth shutter remote:
after setting up the scope/phone on the subject, i watch it through binoculars, waiting for 'the shot' (e.g. finishing preening, waking up etc.) Being away from the scope itself certainly has advantages. Just make sure you've got a good enough tripod head to not wilt!

That’s a good tip
Thanks
BB

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back