• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Found Wren fledgling in the garden, Info required please. (1 Viewer)

StaplerUK

I believe it is a Wren, My wife thinks it is a Thrush.

Anyway, I have been feeding it water and mashed dog food chunks, At first it was a bit of a struggle but by the second day it will sit on my hand or perch on my finger and takes food quite easily with tweezers and water from a syringe, It has been 5 days now and i want to let it go soon, But i am not sure if it can actually fly yet, It will hop out the box i am keeping it in if i leave the lid open and fly for a split second to say the edge of the sofa, But if i hold it in the air and let go it will just flap its way to the ground [soft comfortable landing], Also because i have been feeding it for a few days and i do come to let it go will it be able to survive ?

Thanks

PS: I am in UK and i live in the country side and i am surrounded by trees.

Attachments

• DSC01256.JPG
    DSC01256.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 19
Chances are that if you put it back where you found it the parent birds will tend to it. All fledglings, when they leave the nest, they usually hang around on the ground and the parents tend to them there.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.

Looks like a young Robin to me - they don't get their red breast until they're a few weeks old. Given your cat problem, I'd think you're doing as well as you can, short of taking it to a professional wildlife rehabilitator (which I would recommend, if you possibly can).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back