• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Promaster Infinity Elite 8x42 (1 Viewer)

Robert Moore

I was at a local camera shop yesterday looking at some of there used binoculars. I looked at the Minox 8x32 BR and a Nikon ventuer LX 10x32. I was in the back were the used equipment is and comparing the views. The salesman said hey have you seen the Promaster Infinity Elite that we have up front. They sell for $200.00 new. He said when you get done come up and check them out. I thought ok i will look at them but how good could they be for $200.00. So i went up front and he handed me the binoculars. They felt real nice in my hand and balanced real well. I were glasses to correct for astigmatism so i need a bino with alot of eyerelief. I put the Promaster up to my eyes and i was SHOCKED how awsome the view was. I said i have to take these outside and have a better look. The field of view is 395 ft at 1000 yards. It has a 60 degree apparent field that is sharper to the edge than some of the alpha class binoculars and i had no trouble seeing the full field of view with my glasses on. I think it has 17mm eye releif. What suprised me was how bright it was and nice the depth of field is. I am going to go back and buy them on tuesday because i just cant believe how nice they were. The collimation was also perfect. The binocular has broadband multicoatings on every optical surface and the prizms are BAk 4 phase and silver coated. It also has Pepellamax coatings to help keep them clean and to help from fogging.
It also has a NO FAULT LIFETIME WARRANTY. If you send them the broken pieces they will send you a new pair. It is waterproof and nitrogen filled. I just wanted to let everyone know about this binocular because i have never seen;) anything like it for this kind of money. It performs optically better than the middle class roofs and comes close to the alpha class.

Last edited:
I have never heard of this binocular not to mention this company. See if you can dig up some more info (brochure, other models) when you stop in to pick up that pair. It would be appreciated.

ProMaster is an in house name favored by camera stores. The cheap stuff is junk, but the 200 dollar stuff is half OK. But little quality control, check each pair. Two years ago I would have been fooled by it.
http://www.promaster.com/products/products.asp

I have their wimpy tripod, no good for scopes but fine for a video camera. And I use their monopod when traveling.

I looked at the older model they still had in the store and it was not even close to the new model elite. I no the build quality is not that great but we are talking $200.00 here with a lifetime warranty that covers them if they get run over by a truck. You owe it to yourself to at least look through a pair and see for yourself. I have used nothing but the alpha class for years but there was something about the veiw that was so easy and nice. The 10x42 did not impress me as much. The 8x42 is the one to look through.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back