• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Review of 8x32 EL (1 Viewer)

Jonathan B.

I know everybody is eagerly awaiting a new model from Swarovski. For the meantime, I have posted a review of the 8x32 EL in the equipment review section.

I enjoyed reading your review of the 8x32 ELs Jonathan. It reads to be objective, which I appreciate.

I find it interesting that Swaro makes a very fine binocular and apparently offers excellent customer service, but cannot manage to produce decent straps, caps, or cases. Weird.
I also find the exposed metal areas, non armored, to be somewhat undesirable as well. I believe the Nikon EDGs are like this also.

Too bad about latex rubber being used on the Ultravid eyecups. I guess I'm not allergic to latex, thankfully. The Trinovids, I'll guess, don't have that issue as they're of a harder, different feeling material.

Cheers, and enjoy your ELs!

Last edited:
I enjoyed reading your review of the 8x32 ELs Jonathan. It reads to be objective, which I appreciate.

I find it interesting that Swaro makes a very fine binocular and apparently offers excellent customer service, but cannot manage to produce decent straps, caps, or cases. Weird.
I also find the exposed metal areas, non armored, to be somewhat undesirable as well. I believe the Nikon EDGs are like this also.

Cheers, and enjoy your ELs!

Exposed metal, i have never noticed anything undesirable... in fact there is absolutely nothing about the form or design of my 10x42's that i dislike (but I suspect this would be different if I still wore glasses!)

the strap - well my first one kept coming lose but swaro uk sent me new one and no problems with first one, other than that I love the easy length adjustment and comfort.

Case I agree, naf, for the money they cost!

Thanks Jonathan. My thoughts exactly. I had been ill advised the 8x32EL was second or third rate in contrast and brightness. HOOEY. I now have a 8.5x42 and 8x32 in the EL's and are extremely happy. I have almost all the premiums and these are easily my favorites.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back