• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First official picture (1 Viewer)

Excellent picture Paula. Sharp image with nicely diffused background sets it off brilliantly.
You have already set yourself a standard to keep up with!

My Goodness, I feel overwhelmed with the response to this first picture! Thank you all very much and sure, the log is a bit powerfull.........I shall make amends and get thin twigs for the birds to perch on.
IanF, I noticed that the beak is a bit washed out, do not know what to do about that though......PS job?
Googa, my homemade hide is about 4 meters away from the log and perches.
Weather awfull, so trying out other settings indoors, instead!
Thank you again.....it spurrs me on and on........

Paula
superb ptoto it clearly shows the extra quality when using a slr lens combo over a scope.If your only problem is a washed out beak you have no problems the photo is perfect get taking some more

That's the beauty of bird forum. Quality is always recognised and everyone encourages each other! A great place.

Googa? how can you call me that Gaula ;)

BTW, the practise you did with the static objects was brilliant, maybe you could make a kind of pictoral diary for the scoping forums so newbies, like myself, can understand how to get the best results?

Thanks

Booga, Googa, Wil, sorry......blame it on the late hour. Gaula.
I do not feel qualified to do any sort of pictorial diary and I am not into digiscoping anyway.....no nothing about it!
It is realy simpel, you place a pot, bottle, anything somewhere and take dozens of pictures with different exposures and in different modes and practise focussing properly.......that is something I noticed, you have to be spot on with....difficult in the heat of the moment! I get it wrong so many times.
Upload all that stuff to your computer and see what works for you.

Paula, I know nowt about digiscoping, or indeed photography of any kind, but I'd just like to say that's a cracking shot and I've saved it in my ID gallery. Well done!

Log subdues, beak improved!?

Steve and IanF,
Have tried to take note of your comments and may be you think this is better!?
The log has been cloned out and the beak cloned in.

Attachments

• greenfinch.jpg
    greenfinch.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 123
Paula,

The original is great the second I think is cropped to tight but only my opinion.

I'm very jealous would love to have that lens on my D60:>(

Your web site is very nice as well will give me plenty of reading.

Terry

Paula

What a wonderful first, or second, or third for that matter. I am still waiting for my scope/camera convertor to arrive before venturing to try my hand, however, if my first is half as good as yours, I will be very happy indeed.

Well done!

Paula, you are certainly getting along well with your new camera. I prefer the first photo more.

Ian, don't you mean overexposed on the bill?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back