• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Purple gallinule injury (1 Viewer)

Missygalvin

Hey there,
For over a week now I've had this purple gallinule hanging around my pool in my back yard. One of the birds wings is hanging really low like it might be dislocated. I tried calling animal control and a vet but the vet said it'd cost me 200$ to get the bird hell and animal control said I'd have to drive it up to Baton Rouge LSU vet school which is like 2 hours from me... Plus I don't have any experience catching birds and I don't want to make the animal worse. Any recommendations for what I can do. The bird seems to be foraging fine, I'm a little concerned because it's been drinking my pool water even though I tried putting out fresh water and some seeds(idk what they eat) out. He bird doesn't touch it though.

If anyone has any ideas? Or is a Metarie/New Orleans/Kenner local and has some experience that would like to help the bird.
(Pictures attached)

-Missy:cat:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 109
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back