• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

carrion crow (1 Viewer)

Michał Jaro

Hi - please help me with that one - is it carrion ?

Attachments

• IMG_9639.JPG
    IMG_9639.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9620.JPG
    IMG_9620.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9621.JPG
    IMG_9621.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9647.JPG
    IMG_9647.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 26
Thanks! Yes, Carrion Crow. A Rook would have shaggy leg feathers, and by March, the previous year's juveniles will be showing a pale bare skin on the throat.

Presumably fairly rare in Poland?

Many thanks - yes, quite rare, when I look at ornitho, it will be the only or the second observation in southern Poland so far this year.

Looks like some grey in the shoulder area so potentially it has some Hooded Crow genes in it. I have seen similar birds in both Berlin and Glasgow (both of which are near the Hooded/Carrion species boundary).

Looks like some grey in the shoulder area so potentially it has some Hooded Crow genes in it. I have seen similar birds in both Berlin and Glasgow (both of which are near the Hooded/Carrion species boundary).
I think that's just light reflecting off glossy feathers; it is in a position which is also black on Hoodie :t:

couple of picure i think clarifying doubts

Attachments

• IMG_9626.JPG
    IMG_9626.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9619.JPG
    IMG_9619.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9642.JPG
    IMG_9642.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back