• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Striated Yuhina (1 Viewer)

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
Does anyone know which form of Striated Yuhina occurs around Doi Suthep, near Chang Mai, Thailand ? I saw a "crestless" form there a long time ago, and don't know whether it would have been the proposed split Indochinese Yuhina or not. It's unclear from Robson which subsp it would be, as I think 2 are present in NW Thailand. I also don't know if Indochinese Yuhina is monotypic or includes both of the NW Thailand forms.

Cheers,

Larry

Larry,

According to Collar 2006, A partial revision of the Asian babblers (Timaliidae), Forktail 22:

Indochinese Yuhina Yuhina (castaniceps) torqueola (central Yunnan to eastern China, eastern north-west Thailand, Indochina) is monotypic.

The other subspecies occurring in northern Thailand, striata (eastern Myanmar, northern Thailand), is retained within Striated Yuhina Y. castaniceps.

Sorry, don't know further detail of range limits within N Thailand.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back