• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Today at the feeder (1 Viewer)

I finally got juncos at my feeder and they have been here two days I guess it takes snow to bring them in.Cardinals,american tree sparrows,song sparrows,house sparrows,mourning doves I'm hoping for some winter finches that would be great. windy & cold NNW -10C 10 inches of snow

23 inches of snow here-work, work, work!
At my feeders, all the regulars and a carolina wren. American tree sparrows are here. A pair of purple finches still come. I saw my sapsucker today, yeah!

Yeah Celeste!!! A good sign for early Hummers in the Spring if you have Sapsuckers. The Hummers follow the Sapsucker trail and take Tree Nectar from the holes the Sapsuckers make. This keeps the Hummers with an energy source till flowers bloom in Spring.! Nature is sooooooo organized. I do so long for a Sapsucker here,but so far there are none:(

My,but that is a lot of Snow;)) Makes my back ache and my feet cold just thinking about it;)

Hi bluesboy,

Athens,it's up on the northeast border of New York State.

Years ago we used to come down your way to go to Motorcycle races at the Reading Fairgrounds. I think Reading is about 3 hours from here. Nazareth is another place down your way and we used to go to dirt track races on a BSA 500. After the BSA, my husband bought a brand new 1968 Triumph 650.I was about 22 yrs old. My,but we had fun back then:)

Familiar Faces

Hi Everyone:
It's nice to "see" so many familiar folks here in our new online home.
I hope more Bird Buzzards will join us here over the next few months.
Hope you're liking the new interface as much as I am.

Our feeders are busy these days. Our turkey flock is back again, scarfing down corn like there's no tomorrow.

Bill Thompson, III
BWD

LuBird,
Speaking of Triumphs-We had a 66 TR4A, with the bubble on the roof-I can remember our drives to Fla. in it......with the top down. Those were the days.

Celeste,
Was it red,with a soft brown leather interior? Oh what a sweet little sports car it must have been:)

Not much action here, a few h.finches, juncos, b.jays, and one w.t.sparrow. Don't have to fill my feeders very often either.

With temperatures plunging the way they have down to -34°C this morning, the birds are on heavy feeds! The grosbeaks and chickadees are here from dawn to dark along with a few woodpeckers. I'm using more seed on the platforms than in the actual feeders. Grosbeaks have made their preference known! :)

In Missouri we are getting about what the rest of you are (in the states). That is, Blue Jay, House Finch, House Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Downy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker and American Goldfinch. Once in awhile we get a White-breasted Nuthatch or a Northern Cardinal. We have a very residential yard (there is a city park with some wooded areas about three blocks from here, so that helps bring in some birds). We always keep our eyes open for the winter finches. But we do not get very many. In the past we have had Common Redpoll (1), Red-breasted Nuthatch (a couple)and Pine Siskins (many).

We have 2-3 inches of snow and still coming down!

I'm back!! Been home since Monday 8th but just got the courage to navigate the stairs to get to the computer. I'm having a dizzy problem and catching up on 75 emails plus site postings doesn't help. I was greeted by a new bird for me on my 1st day home - kept thinking I was hearing a warbler and sure enough the yellow-rump or myrtle appeared on a roof section I could see from my chair!! Nice welcome home!! Think I'd better hit the bed again - doing fine with walking etc. Snow due here tonight - hope to see many birds!

A Pine siskin is a little smaller than a sparrow, Linda. It has heavy brown striping over it's whole body and bright yellow stripes on it's sides and wings. They are about the size of goldfinches.
Are you seeing some?

Another snowstorm is hitting us here. We may get 18". The new platform feeder is attached to the deck and it's getting good use-gold,purple and house finches, titmice, chickadees, cards, downies, red-bellies, juncos, house and american tree sparrows, bluejays, carolina wren, doves and of course Mr. Squirrel.

Speedy recovery Sara-glad to hear you are home safe and sound!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back