• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iPhone Photo through Minox BD 10x44 BP (1 Viewer)

Walter David

Walter David
I was combing through my many thousands of pics this morning and forgot how much I love this photo.

I stayed in San Diego right on the ocean 2 years ago and set up my Minox BD 10x44 BP on a Bogen tripod and took photos of Sunset Cliff which was situated approx 1/4 mile away from our balcony. I took this picture through a lens by holding my iPhone 5s at the lens. I stood very steady slowly exhaling.

If you blow up the picture, you can see an amazing amount of detail, people, activity, on a lazy ocean-view afternoon.

It also shows how the field of view begins to blur on this particular binocular. The circle is not an effect on the photo. It is the actual field of view. Pretty narrow as we all know about these Minox internal focus binoculars.

I bought this from the closeout from Camera Land several years ago and really love it. When I bought it, only the 10x was available. I would have bought the 8 power but none was available. I am considering getting the Opticron HR WP 8x42.

I may get this printed on canvas!

edit. Having trouble posting my pick:-C Too large of a file.

Attachments

• IMG_2750.jpeg
    IMG_2750.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Got it!:t: But not as clear as original. No where near the detail. On the original the people are so clear! oh well. You get the idea....

Last edited:
Got it!:t: But not as clear as original. No where near the detail. On the original the people are so clear! oh well. You get the idea....

Very nice, Walt. Import into PS , lightroom or another good post-processing software...certainly can become magical! ;)

Ted

Hi Walter

I have the same binocular, I paid I believe $179 from Camera Land. I owned the Nikon 10X42 SE and the BP at the same time and decided to keep the Minox, the only binocular I've seen that is sharper to my eyes is the 8.5X42 SV.

Robert

I bought this from the closeout from Camera Land several years ago and really love it. When I bought it, only the 10x was available. I would have bought the 8 power but none was available. I am considering getting the Opticron HR WP

Very nice, Walt. Import into PS , lightroom or another good post-processing software...certainly can become magical! ;)

Ted

Thanks Theo. I have a Macbook and not sure I have anything in it as far a photo programs.

I'll look but you're right, it has some potential!

Hi Walter

I have the same binocular, I paid I believe $179 from Camera Land. I owned the Nikon 10X42 SE and the BP at the same time and decided to keep the Minox, the only binocular I've seen that is sharper to my eyes is the 8.5X42 SV.

Robert

WHAT??? I paid twice that from Camera Land. :-C

I guess we bought it at different times. But really, at $300.00 ish I still do not feel too bad considering the quality and view.

I am diggin' the woman with the pink tank top. :)

Nicely done for a handheld pic. Now go out and buy one of the $15 adapters from Carson and pull even more detail in.;)

http://www.amazon.com/Carson-HookUp...8-1&keywords=Carson+hookups+adapter+iPhone+5S

I will look into the Carson. Never heard of it.

(pink tank top):smoke: She's why I took the pic! haha.

If you look way to the left of the circle, you can see two people doing some sort of yoga stances. Just a day-in-the-life of San Diego residents.

I took the liberty of playing with your interesting photograph; one has been enhanced a bit, noise removed, and the other is BW. This fascinates me, the original Kodak pictures were circular, we have, so to speak, come full circle using the latest technology which reciprocates some of the oldest (in look)! How cool is that?! Also attached, I think, is a copy of an old Kodak for the sake of comparison. Thanks for sharing this.

Attachments

• kodak circular.jpg
    kodak circular.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 81
Hmmm, one more try.

Attachments

• bino picture_DxO_filtered.jpg
    bino picture_DxO_filtered.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 111
  • bino picture_DxO_filtered bw.jpg
    bino picture_DxO_filtered bw.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 83
Hey fstop. That's a good observation; The early photos were round!

That enhanced version is EYE |8.|popping! It would be even better had I been able to download the original which is much shaper.

I just tried but was still unable. I cropped it down pretty far but the file was not recognized when I attempted to down load it.

Maybe I can download at Photo Bucket and then create a link but Photo Bucket is Under Construction!|^|

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back