• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Blue Heron in South Korea (1 Viewer)

keshavgupta

My step daughter living in South Korea posted a picture of great blue heron that she says she took in South Korea. I did not think there were any great blue herons in South Korea. Does anyone has answer to this puzzle?

I am attaching the picture that she took.

KeshavGreat Blue Heron in South Korea.jpg

Attachments

• Great Blue Heron in South Korea.jpg
    Great Blue Heron in South Korea.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 182
Hello and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. Your daughters bird is a Gray Heron. Very similar to our North American Blue Heron, the Gray is found in Europe and Asia.

Welcome to Birdforum Keshav. As the others have said, it's a Grey Heron. Great Blue Heron are very similar but have a pinkish buff wash to the neck, a rufous patch at the bend of the wing and rufous thighs.

Hi Keshav,

Welcome to the forum.

As the others said, it's a grey heron. They're pretty common in S. Korea. I've seen dozens of them along the river in Ulsan.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back