• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not really up to the standard of ... (1 Viewer)

Rhummy

the rest of you ;) And I know there is a lot wrong but here's a painting I did this morning. I cheated and used a photo from the internet [Not had the chance to get out and take my own photos for a while]

Haven't painted for a good while - since school, so I'm pretty rusty. Be gentle on me :t:

image-upload-141-751103.jpg

welcome on board! Well, you've got a good painting technique - that's for sure, and the colours and patterns are beautiful - I look forward to seeing more.

Welcome, Everyone (including me) has to start somewhere, and its only by looking at what others do, practicing at somthing either from a book, photo or wildlife, and listerning to imput from others - that you are able to advance.....I havnt picked up a pencil in over 20 years, but practice practice is somthing that will guide me (and you) back to the path of good pieces...

Oh, come on? The name of the thread doesn't seem appropriate, your style is wonderful! There's such character in that Mandaring duck, love it! And the Harlequin looks great as well. :)

Oh, come on? The name of the thread doesn't seem appropriate, your style is wonderful! There's such character in that Mandaring duck, love it! And the Harlequin looks great as well. :)

I agree, maybe one of the mods should come and change it - we can't have good work going under this title!

Can't believe I've not said hello yet! Welcome to the best bit of BF.

Got to agree with my learned friend Nick; Now you've started drawing and painting birds it's gonna be difficult to stop! That's OK though because you won't want to anyway!

Mike

the rest of you ;) And I know there is a lot wrong but here's a painting I did this morning. I cheated and used a photo from the internet [Not had the chance to get out and take my own photos for a while]

Haven't painted for a good while - since school, so I'm pretty rusty. Be gentle on me :t:

You have style and are a good painter, post some more of your stuff if you can. And don't worry about useing photo's, i use them from variouse books i have to replicate the colours for my Hummingbird pictures.

Thanks guys! I've finished Uni for the year now so plenty of time to start again. I seem to have misplaced my materials - major room clean out so might just go buy some more.

Thanks guys! I've finished Uni for the year now so plenty of time to start again. I seem to have misplaced my materials - major room clean out so might just go buy some more.

Yes you should! At uni I had to eat so much pasta because art stuff had to come out of the budget before food shopping.

Welcome, and great start, I agree with the others , Should change the thread
title! . Painting Birds is a habit that gets under your skin. you start to see the beauty
that other people miss . well apart from everyone on here , but you know what I mean!

Keep painting

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back