• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spare battery for Panasonic G3 (1 Viewer)

Hobbes2

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone had found a cheap alternative to the £56+ (!!!) panasonic spare batter for the G3 (which, I think, is the same as for the GF2). Part number is DMW-BLD10E. There are a few options on Amazon but no battery life indication is shown when using them and I think the automatic 'power save' mode is also affected. Has anyone found a cheap one that is compatible with all the battery features on the camera?
Thanks
Hobbes

7dayshop £19.99: INOV8 Panasonic Compatible Battery For Panasonic DMC-GF2 - DMW-BLD10 DMW-BLD10, DMW-BLD10E, DMW-BLD10PP
I have not tried one myself but I have used 7dayshop for camera compatibles in the past.

7dayshop £19.99: INOV8 Panasonic Compatible Battery For Panasonic DMC-GF2 - DMW-BLD10 DMW-BLD10, DMW-BLD10E, DMW-BLD10PP
I have not tried one myself but I have used 7dayshop for camera compatibles in the past.

Thanks for the recommendation btooze. :t:
Hobbes

The third party substitutes I've seen advertised say they don't provide an indication of the remaining charge life while in the camera, so I recluctantly opted for the Panasonic version.

Jim

The third party substitutes I've seen advertised say they don't provide an indication of the remaining charge life while in the camera, so I recluctantly opted for the Panasonic version.

Jim

Hi Jim
That's not a bad choice. The 3rd party battery I bought had about 1/2 the life of the panasonic original. I use it only as a backup in the field now and haven't needed it as that yet.
Hobbes

I have used the UP Start DMW-BLD10 1010mAh battery. It appears to perform as well as the panasonic original with regards to the number of shots. It shows charge, but it dies pretty quickly once it drops to showing 2 bars. I've also just bought the Wasabi Power BTR-BLD10-JWP 1500mAh which are supposed to give longer life, but I haven't has a chance to try running one to exhaustion yet. The Wasabi was recommended on another forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back