• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Victory HT 8x42 (1 Viewer)

I've had a pair of the 8x42 HT's for a few years now and they are unquestionably the best binoculars I own. I use them as much for astronomy as anything else. Very sharp, very bright. I don't do the exhaustive tests that some around here do so anything I say is pretty subjective.

I've had a pair of the 8x42 HT's for a few years now and they are unquestionably the best binoculars I own. I use them as much for astronomy as anything else. Very sharp, very bright. I don't do the exhaustive tests that some around here do so anything I say is pretty subjective.

Enjoy your bins and if you want to be subjective, just go ahead and do it :t: :t:

Lee

As spring has sprung, the HT's are getting more use than they were over the winter. I've been doing a lot of casual side by side comparison with my 8x32 Conquest HD's and, not surprisingly, the HT's are the superior binocular but the real surprise is just how good the HD's are for a third of the price. Still, out of every alpha bin I've ever looked through, I've found none optically better IMO than the HT's.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back