• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

600mm case (1 Viewer)

Bjornpdx

I just bought the 600mm/4 lens and I have a question about the case. When I put the lens in the case the lid doesn't close unless I push down on it pretty hard. Is this the way it's supposed to work? The lens is inside the case as shown in the manual with the tripod mount pointed up.

I'm not only concerned about damaging the lens, but the lens hood too. Can't believe the hood sells for $570.

Same with mine. It's an even tighter fit since I put some protective padding round the lens. I have to admit I don't often use the hood. I may well be castigated for this by people who say - probably rightly - that it affects the quality of the image but it just looks like something to get easily broken.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back