• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RememBird Help Needed (1 Viewer)

AdamB

Hi everyone,

A friend got hold of a RememBird device off Ebay for me for a few pounds as he knew I was really keen to get hold of one. I set up the software and connected the device, but every time I hit 'Upload Recordings' it asks me to plug in the RememBird and try again. I tried to speak to a friend who has one and he couldn't figure out why this was happening; and when we plugged it into his laptop it said the same thing.
Presuming that the device was faulty I found another one on Ebay for around £50 with the box and original cables etc. Anyway, arrived today and its telling me the same thing.

Can anyone help? I would love to get this sorted and be able to use one of these in the field...

Thanks for taking time to read.

Welcome to BirdForum Adam. I hope someone can help you. I used to use Remembird but gave up because they tended to be so glitchy.

Hi everyone,

A friend got hold of a RememBird device off Ebay for me for a few pounds as he knew I was really keen to get hold of one. I set up the software and connected the device, but every time I hit 'Upload Recordings' it asks me to plug in the RememBird and try again. I tried to speak to a friend who has one and he couldn't figure out why this was happening; and when we plugged it into his laptop it said the same thing.
Presuming that the device was faulty I found another one on Ebay for around £50 with the box and original cables etc. Anyway, arrived today and its telling me the same thing.

Can anyone help? I would love to get this sorted and be able to use one of these in the field...

Thanks for taking time to read.

Do you have the Remembird switched on when you connect to the computer? I get the same message you describe if I do that. If I turn the device off and then connect to the computer then I can upload my recordings.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back