• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex gt pro (1 Viewer)

tealboy1

Do you know who makes this, how good it is for 60-82mm spotting scopes? At $149, seems like a good combination. A search here revealed little so thought I would ask.

Well, for higher magnifications (beyond 10-15X) I would pass on this tripod.

Whilst my 4 series Gitzo Systematic is more than I need for my Canon 800mm camera lens (the longest they currently make) it is about adequate for my old 77mm Kowa spotting scope.

Scopes are FAR more demanding on tripods, do not skimp!

Have learned this is a velbon Sherpa 300 customized for vortex. Head is the velbon ph157q. The tripod is only rated for 9lbs and is lighter duty than the manfotto tripods but the vortex is 140$ with excellent reviews so depending on your needs, not a bad combo.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back