• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More IDs Central Texas (1 Viewer)

camallard

These photos were taken yesterday. The first is a Vireo but not sure which one. The next two are the same bird that I believe is a flycatcher. Thanks for your help to ID.

Attachments

• Vireo_0039.jpg
    Vireo_0039.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Unknown_0161.jpg
    Unknown_0161.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Unknown_0180.jpg
    Unknown_0180.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 84
Hi Ann,

I was thinking for #1 Blue-headed vireo at first but it doesn't show the yellow on the flanks. It looks more like a Plumbeous vireo but it would be out of range as Sibley shows it only in the fart western section of Texas. So I guess I would go with Blue-headed.

Not going to guess at #2 but #3 I think is a Yellow-bellied flycatcher

Hope they're right :t:

Matt

I would agree on both. The vireo is in the shade, but you can make out the yellow flanks contrasting with the blue head.

What Tero said.

Cheshire Birder, I don't think it can be an Alder Flycatcher. There's way too much yellow on the bird.

As I posted before I thought #'s 2 and 3 were yellow-bellied but only ovenbird agreed so far. Hopefully you get the answer you are looking for

As I posted before I thought #'s 2 and 3 were yellow-bellied but only ovenbird agreed so far. Hopefully you get the answer you are looking for

It looks like a cracking Yellow-bellied to me as well!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back