• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Argentina (1 Viewer)

So 8 years after this thread started and 16 years since I first saw some of the plates there is still no date for publication.

NHBS stating date of Oct 2020 but estimates on publication are unfortunately tentative only.

Has anyone spoken to Mark lately about publication date?

Cheers

Alan

So 8 years after this thread started and 16 years since I first saw some of the plates there is still no date for publication.

NHBS stating date of Oct 2020 but estimates on publication are unfortunately tentative only.

Has anyone spoken to Mark lately about publication date?

Cheers

Alan

I reckon we might see one from Lynx first.

I can confirm that Birds of Argentina and the SW Atlantic will be publishing on 26th of November 2020.

Jim

Glad to hear it Jim! You were only a decade out with your original prediction ;-)

Howdy,

To clear this up, Birds of Argentina is being published in two volumes, sold together in a pack. Hence the confusion. Pub date will be December 2010.

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can exclusively reveal that Birds of Argentina has now gone to press.

No, I can't quite believe I'm typing these words either ...

Jim

Jim

That is excellent news. But if it goes to press now I wonder if November is still the expected publication date?

Jim

Excellent news Jim, thank you for sharing.

Is the projected availability date still November?

Do you know if there will be a domestic printing in Argentina?

Last edited:

Jim

I'm going to reveal my ignorance of the printing world now...

Two books I am really interested in - this one "gone to press", due December.
All the Birds of the World by Lynx being printed now, due "late August".

So what does "gone to press actually mean? If I take what I understood it to mean then I don't understand the 3 month difference in actual availability of each book.

Genuine question. And congratulations on finishing this project.

Thanks,
Exilipes

I'm going to reveal my ignorance of the printing world now...

Two books I am really interested in - this one "gone to press", due December.
All the Birds of the World by Lynx being printed now, due "late August".

So what does "gone to press actually mean? If I take what I understood it to mean then I don't understand the 3 month difference in actual availability of each book.

Genuine question. And congratulations on finishing this project.

Thanks,
Exilipes

I wondered the exact, same thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back