• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northumbrian Birding (2 Viewers)

think i saw you on the south bank around noon? good pics)

lots of mud at castle island, i was suprised there were no waders there.

yes you probably did? i managed to find the way on to the other side of the river, got these shots from behind that screen. you must of just missed the terek sand? did you get back up for it? hope you did. see you around again.
cheers
steve :t:
ps: i might be getting mixed up? i was talking to chris on the north bank but passed someone on the south bank? which one was you woodhornbirder?
cheers
steve :t:

Last edited:

Attachments

• DSCN0556.JPG
    DSCN0556.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 46
Farne Island Boat trips

Have a look at this site. http://www.farne-islands.com/boat-trips/index.htm
We always go with Billy Shiel.

If you can, telephone in the morning of your intended trip, to find out the
state of the tide - going at low water gives you a better chance of getting nearer the stacks and seeing the seal colony. We got so close, we could hear them singing - magical!!

Take a hat with you!

June

does anyone know how much the boat trip and landing fee foor staple island cost?

Has this Terek Sandpiper gone, the only report today was not there until mid morning. Has is been re found again any know?

Mike

Yeah the Terek seems to have disappeared, no sign at midday or earlier on. Thanks for the info, would be twitch the bh bunting, so will have to decide in the morning. Do the boats run all day, or just in the mrng?

No sign of the pair of avocets that nested on the island at Cresswell or the three young chicks this morning. Does anyone know what has happened to them? The other two pair were still nesting on the point.

Yeah the Terek seems to have disappeared, no sign at midday or earlier on. Thanks for the info, would be twitch the bh bunting, so will have to decide in the morning. Do the boats run all day, or just in the mrng?

For the Farnes it's Staple in the morning and Inner Farne in the afternoon during the breeding season. Or there's the all day birding trip that does both islands and gives you longer on each one. This is with Billy Shiels (we've always used his company - they're very good). If you're not a National Trust member you'll have to pay a landing fee (£6 from memory, possibly £4) in addition to your boat fee.
Chris

No sign of the pair of avocets that nested on the island at Cresswell or the three young chicks this morning. Does anyone know what has happened to them? The other two pair were still nesting on the point.

No sign of chicks or parents all morning.They were there yesterday.

Looks bad.

Mixed news from this morning. No chicks, but it looks as if the absent parents have returned and are showing signs of courting.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back