• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help! I found a helpless bird! (1 Viewer)

OmegaWi2ard

So I was taking my dog for a walk when I found this pigeon on the street. It was on the road and had maltreated feathers, but what worried me the more was its cheeks, theu looked injured and apparently kinda I'll. I couldn't grab the bird by myself to take it home, so after coming home with my dog I asked my mom for help, it took some minutes and the bird was still there.

We have bring it home and put it on a cage meanwhile with water and birdseed, my mom also sprayed some water with vinger on it due to its apparent disease. It is not injured, probably just its cheeks, but everything else on it is fine, I don't know if it is a baby still since it has well grown out feathers. What do I do? Please help!

I have also noticed the bird has some kind of deformation on its right face, I don't know if it's a disease or just a birth malformation. Please help! I am really worried about him.

Hi and welcome to the forum. The best thing would be to try and find a wildlife rehabilitator in your area, or a vet willing to help.

I agree with Lisa on this one. And welcome aboard.

Please keep us updated on its condition.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back