• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

baggeridge 03.03.09 (1 Viewer)

set off from wombourne today for my first visit to baggeridge for about a month first good spot was a grey wagtail on the brook nr the red lion pub . after crossing the dual carriageway i saw the first of several yellowhammers then following the path through the fields i saw 4 skylarks sitting on the fields, spent quite a while watching them hover and listening to their distinctive voices. i had a walk up the toposcope only to see another yellowhammer and suprisingly a couple of wild pigeons one completely white and dove like . then on to lydiates hill which if there are any foragers out there is absolutely covered in ransoms or wild garlic. spotted a gs woodpecker up there and moved on to see the owl at whites wood . had a quick walk round himley great pool to see a great crested grebe standing up on its nest and a few others on the lake itself. i also saw over 30 pied wagtails pecking away at the grass near where they have the bonfires. then i hurried back to watch the skylarks again on the way home. 38 in total

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back