• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cardiff birding (1 Viewer)

ickle_vicki

I'm a student at cardiff uni but still want to carry on my bird watching.

Does anyone here know of decent areas in and around cardiff to go. At present I just go to Bute Park which is rather good but i'd like to go somewhere new.

Vicki

ickle_vicki said:
I'm a student at cardiff uni but still want to carry on my bird watching.

Does anyone here know of decent areas in and around cardiff to go. At present I just go to Bute Park which is rather good but i'd like to go somewhere new.

Vicki

Kenfig is reasonably close, and there is a male Redhead there, so it must be worth a look.
The wetlands place near Llanelli is also worth a visit as there are plenty of wild birds on the shore alongside. It attracts things like egrets (and African Spoonbill).
I can't help much more as I am only a rare visitor to Cardiff, having relatives in Pontypridd.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back