• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

world birdwatch day Oct.5th. (1 Viewer)

tchagra

Hi All Ringers and Banders

Had a great morning doing a ringing session for the school kids on Gibraltar yesterday.

they all wanted to hold the bird or weigh it or release it or have a photo taken,i am sure you can all guess what it was like.

All in all ringed

1 Pied Flycatcher
7 Blackcaps
3 Sardinian warblers
2 Blackbirds
1 Robin
1 Chiffchaff
1 Kingfisher

I will post 3 photos in the pix gallery section.

The kingfisher that i ringed was only the third for Gibraltar,and I also ringed the other 2 ,a couple of years ago,at the same site,doing the same demo for the kids on another bird watch day in Oct.!!!

cheers for now

ricardo

p.s.plenty of Booted eagles passing through at the moment,the easterly winds bring them in low over the town itself,great site.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back