• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax Pf80 ED eyepieces (1 Viewer)

Pauhana

United States
Think I am going to pull trigger On the Pentax. I also have a Pentax 65 so already own a Xw14 and Baader xcell 12. Any further suggestions on additional eyepieces I should add for the Pf80 or just get the zoom. I need to scope large lakes (reservoirs) here in Tennessee

Randy

Think I am going to pull trigger On the Pentax. I also have a Pentax 65 so already own a Xw14 and Baader xcell 12. Any further suggestions on additional eyepieces I should add for the Pf80 or just get the zoom. I need to scope large lakes (reservoirs) here in Tennessee

Randy
I do not know your power requirements but from experience I found the XW14 and XW20 Pentax eyepieces really makes both the PF-65/80 scopes shine. The XW10 also from what I have read also gets very high reviews when used. Plus the XW10 will give that power boost on the Pf 80 for those long lake views. The zoom is a mixed bag. Some here praised it , others not so much. I have tried two specimens , not great with my eye glasses. If it were me I would buy all three fixed power I just mentioned instead of the zoom. Pentax’s locking ocular collar makes super fast and easy to swap from one eyepiece to another. Pentax line up of their XW fixed power eyepieces will probably give the best you could expect of any other eyepieces available when used in their scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back