• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird Lists by U.S. State (1 Viewer)

billhiltonjr

Registered Member
I've just updated a page on the Web site for "Operation RubyThroat:
The Hummingbird Project" that lists the U.S. states and which
hummingbirds occur there.

Where possible, the lists are gleaned from state bird record
committees' official published lists. In a few cases, I couldn't find
a list, so if you have current info for those states, please post it here.

I'd likewise appreciate any updates you know of, especially for those
hummingbird species recently confirmed by winter vagrant banding
encounters.

The U.S. lists are at http://www.rubythroat.org/ChecklistsUSStatesMain.html

I've also been working on lists by country, but I may have to wait
until next winter to complete these. See
http://www.rubythroat.org/ChecklistsCountriesMain.html

Happy Hummingbird Watching!

BILL

hey, Bill was you in the Greer - Greenville area for any bandings this winter, if so I am curious on Id of the Millers hummer, thanks , Brian

BRIAN . . .

I regret I was recovering from retinal surgery this past winter and banded no winter vagrants after Christmas.

Cheers,

BILL

Bill, I was there on the 14th of december,I guess why I am asking , there was "rumors" of you coming down to band it, was hard to tell if it was a ruf or an allens, I tooks some pics of it one was in the Greenville News, was a big todo here, but you know how local things like that get folks going, anyhow thanks , Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back