Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

The not German Germain in German's Swiftlet … in French

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Friday 21st June 2019, 16:51   #26
l_raty
laurent raty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calalp View Post
If 'Xbre' is to be read as Decembre [as in X (decem/10) + -bre], how would they [...]
https://books.google.com/books?id=x6djhFTO9owC&pg=PA44
Old Monday 24th June 2019, 15:49   #27
Taphrospilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calalp View Post
Anyone who have found his death mentioned/written elsewhere (in an all unambiguous way)?

This far I haven't seen any other text/document (other than the ones pointed at in this thread) that reported of his Death. Any additional verification, confirmation (of 1912) would be warmly welcomed, simply to be on the safe (very safe) side.
Hi Björn, I tried to contact Archive en ligne. They replied that records are only availble online until 1902 (which did not surprise me as that was my first try) and that they are not assisting people in private research. If you want to know it for sure you have to go to their reading room.

Anyway I am happy that Laurent corrected me and it is confirmed by the archive that Xre is december. As usual I can always learn something new from Laurent. A big thank you.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: