• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wash to Severn flyway project (1 Viewer)

dwatsonbirder

Hi all,

I'm looking for interested parties who would like to join a network of observers monitoring vis-mig between the Wash and the Severn this autumn. I've had a few volunteers in Warks and a couple in Gloucs. but I'm keen to hear from birders in SW Lincs, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Worcs, Gloucs and observers in the Severn vale. The aim of the project is to expand on the work of Eric Simms.

If you are interested please send me a message with your email and I'll add you to a mailing list.

Cheers.

There are three vis-mig sites that are watched fairly regularly in Leicestershire. I do Deans Lane (aka Beacon Hill on Trekkie) and others do Watermead Country park South and Bardon Hill. Should be possible to contribute.

Eric Simms was a true pioneer. I was very pleased that he agreed to help me with information and references for the migration chapter for the Leicestershire and Rutland avifauna a few years ago, despite the fact he was ailing and died soon afterwards.

Steve

Hi all,

I'm looking for interested parties who would like to join a network of observers monitoring vis-mig between the Wash and the Severn this autumn. I've had a few volunteers in Warks and a couple in Gloucs. but I'm keen to hear from birders in SW Lincs, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Worcs, Gloucs and observers in the Severn vale. The aim of the project is to expand on the work of Eric Simms.

If you are interested please send me a message with your email and I'll add you to a mailing list.

Cheers.
Hi Daniel

Not sure about intensity of vis mig you need and dates required but if I can help I would be interested my garden has extensive views to the Avon Valley and north side of Bredon Hill. I am away on Scilly first two weeks of October but if you think I could help my e-mail is paulrhodes180@btinternet or you can private message me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back