• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Is Your 2016 List Going? (2 Viewers)

Two new birds this afternoon, so I'm now up to 110 for the year.

109. Tree Swallow
110. Long-tailed Duck

The duck was a Preston County lifer (number 220), my second in five days.

Dave

Very heavy rain last night brought a great fallout of mostly waterfowl and gulls this morning. Of all the birds that had moved in, I picked out one new bird for the year.

111. Bonaparte's Gull

Dave

Today at the Steinhorster Becken, Germany
77 Common Shelduck
79 Eurasian Oystercatcher
80 Bar headed Goose 758
81 Northern Shoveler

Last edited:
Alas! My numbering system was off a little bit, and I find that my total count for this year is not what I thought it was. I found that I had recorded some of the birds twice!! So, I am at a rather dismal 89 species.

One new bird today puts me at 114 for the year.

114. Great Horned Owl

The bird is sitting on a former Red-tailed Hawk nest at a nearby state park.

Dave

While watching our backyard bird feeders this morning, a new Missouri Year Bird flew into our yard and landed on the trunk of our huge Sycamore Tree. It was a Brown Creeper, #90 for the year.

20 March

119. Penduline tit (1st UK)
120. Sanderling
121. Shore lark
122. Black redstart
123. Green winged teal (for those who consider it a species anyway)
124. Ringed plover

126 blue-winged teal
127 turkey vulture
128 yellow-bellied sapsucker

Now being in NE not MO (where there are more birders), the sapsucker put me at slot 60 for the state list in eBird. I haven't got out West at all in the less than one year I have listed here.

Last edited:
226. Whooper Swan
227. Tundra Swan

The first birding I've done since I got back from Africa. Went to look for the Tundra Swans that turned up just outside Uppsala two days ago. Tundra Swan was a Swedish lifer too.

One new bird this morning puts me at 116 for the year.

116. Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

This is a bird that I should have seen in early January, but as so often happens in birding, this relatively common bird had eluded me thus far this year.

Dave

In addition to the previously seen shorebirds of Pectoral and Least Sandpipers, today I added another shorebird to my 2016 Missouri List.

91. Long-billed Dowitcher

This evening I went out owling. I dipped on my main target, Northern Saw-whet Owl, but I did pick up one new owl for the year.

117. Eastern Screech Owl

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back